SAINT JOHN, N.B. – A structure fire at a home in east Saint John kept city fire crews busy last night.
The report of a structure fire, at 189 Ocean Drive, came in to the Saint John Fire Department around 6:30PM.
An aggressive interior attack kept the fire contained to the kitchen but Platoon Chief Forrest says three people had to be attended to by medical staff. “One firefighter was slightly injured. One person was treated for smoke inhalation and another for a slight burn.”
Grease is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Until repairs are made to the structure, the family who lived there will have to find somewhere else to call home.